As with any software, bugs happen. Should you ever need to report a bug to us, this article has a few tips on how you can help us help you most effectively.
How to Contact Us
You can submit your bug reports via email by sending them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can also submit them via our customer support widget in your Freightools system.
Either way, your bug report will end up in the right place.
There are a few things you can do that will help us tremendously when responding to your bug tickets.
1. Tell us it's a bug and include a brief description in the subject.
It's a little thing, but it helps us spot these tickets in the queue.
2. Include a detailed description of the bug, along with the steps to reproduce it, and what your expectation is for the correct behavior.
Here is a good example of a bug report:
- Go to Sales Proposals Grid
- Click on the "Convert" button
- Click on "Create CS and SO", the system detects a mistake with Master Ports and shows it in red.
- I try to fix the mistake and try to click again but the button is disabled. You need to reload the page to re-enable it.
- My expectation is that the error would be detected without disabling the "Convert" button.
Here is a not so great example:
"I can't create a new shipment from a quotation"
3. Include the URLs from your account.
In almost all cases, we will need to take a look at an example of the bug you're reporting in order to understand the problem. Sending examples up front saves us a lot of time when researching your bugs.
4. Always send screenshots.
Even if you don't' think it requires it, send a screenshot just in case. This helps us get a better idea of what it is you're referring to exactly. If you have the means to take a screen recording of a bug, even better.
Troubleshooting Browser/Computer Issues
If you're having weird performance issues while using Freightools, then it's likely that the problem is specific to your computer.
Troubleshooting Browser Issues
- Clear your cache & cookies, restart your browser
- Test Freightools in an incognito (private) window (Guides for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE)
- Test Freightools in a different browser
- Open your developer console and see if you are getting any errors (Guides for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE)
Troubleshooting Computer Issues
- Check your anti-virus software to see if it could be interfering with Freightools.
- Check any firewalls you may have.
- Check your ISP status for any service-related issues.